It's All Too Good Man!


Friday, September 5, 2008

THE DAILY OM

I Will Have To Take This Down Soon Before The Brain Police Discover I Have Innocently
Shared Something that Everyone Alive Should Read. This Comes From "The Daily OM"

September 5, 2008
The Kaleidoscope of Life
Living Together Differently
We tend to gravitate toward people who are the most like us, at least in the ways that make us feel comfortable. But life has its way of bringing us into contact with people who challenge us with their differences. It may be an obvious difference reflected in their outward appearance or an invisible but powerful philosophical stance, but even in our closest circle of friends and family, there are those that confront us with their different ways of experiencing and expressing life. We can choose to resist , but we can also choose to learn from them and appreciate that they too have a place in the kaleidoscope of life.

As much as we may say that we want peace and quiet and a life without struggle, the truth is that human beings are, at this time, thriving in a world of dualities and challenges. It is how we choose to approach these hurdles that determine if we sail over them, confirming our agility, or trip and end up face down in the dust. And each of us absolutely will and must stumble, and then get up, brush the dust off and carry on. This is how we learn and grow, developing depth of character and shades of understanding. In a world of dualities, we have trouble defining ourselves without something opposite, and can’t discover who we are. Without challenge, there is nothing to do and nothing to discover. That leaves us either in a state of non-being or the state of pure spirit, but as humans, we are spiritual beings experiencing the physical world in all of its startling contrast and beauty.

No matter how spiritual we are, our lives will have challenges. We will always run into people that are different that we are, but the true challenge may be in finding ways to be at peace with this process. Rather than give in to the fight or flight response that comes from our animal nature, we can find new ways to evolve together into higher more beautiful expressions of ourselves, realizing, embracing and celebrating the beauty of diversity and the strength it offers for the future.

9 comments:

Corbie said...

Good post Mudflap :) A good reminder for us all. And I dare the thought police to try to mess with us.

Mudflap said...

I see you wisly eliminated your picture at least on this end. Penny has one of me that no one would recognize as I had been awake for probably 20 or more days at Burning Man.
As for the Brain/Thought Police, they will have a hard time finding me as I will be with Brian Eno "On Some Faraway Beach" There are a lot of things that constiture a beach as you are no doubt aware.

Corbie said...

I decided that with the change of season I'd go with a new picture. I go straight from naked at the pool to wearing a winter hat and boots...I have no room in my life for in-betweens :)

Mudflap said...

Why am I not surprised? It does take out the sliding into one form or another much like a moth from a cocoon. Complete metamorphis will keep anyone on thier toes. And mostly that's where you got to be is on you toes unless you are me, The Flatlander, in a sparsly populated desert where there are only maybe say a possible normal family of the mother and father and 2.3 children. The children values do not adhere to some states, say perhaps Utah.

Corbie said...

It is hard to adhere the values of some states, Mudflap (say perhaps Utah :) And thus, Penny and I make our own values (and rules and possibilities) based on The Daily Om :) So, you better keep it coming, lest we run out of values and possibilities.

Mudflap said...

Oh shit Corbie, all this minipulation of attempting to get maybe 6 of your thousands of thrill
seekers hits will sadly do me no good as I remembered I am not on you sidekick list. If I ever did possibly get back to such status I would promise to keep a limit on my vile vocabulary that sometimes is spelled correctly and sometimes not. It isn't that I have lost the complete facalities of spelling it is a lot to do with my fingers and my eyes keeping up with with my brain that can be anywhere at any given time. Add music to that and it's like I have always said. "It's all too much"

Corbie said...

Had I known you wouldn't be mortified at the thought of being on the sidekick list, I would have put you there at mock speed. Consider it done. Only if you promise not to change the vocab (or creative spelling) one bit...like the Billy Joel song, we like you just the way you are.

Mudflap said...

Thank you, but know that I run at
Warp Speed and sometimes that can be a problem if you happen to pass you own self without any means of braking or control. It is at this point that you do not know if you are behind or ahead.
I will leave you with a quote my friend.
'Whatever you give a woman, she's going to multiply. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby.

If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal.

If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her.'

So - if you give her crap, you will receive a bucket full of shit.
Mudflap McBucket

tristanjh said...

Mudflap:

That quote is fabulous. I'm e-mailing it to my husband right now!