It's All Too Good Man!


Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Anguish of a Lost Winter

The seasons are getting much shorter. We were 66 degrees Fahrenheit today. Normally Ely is one of the cold spots in the nation. To be sure. But it being Summer once again I guess this isn't an unusual temperature at all. Maybe a tad cool for summer now that I think more clearly about it. You would say shit Mudflap you are just experiencing Spring or another one of your bipolar or high glucose shifts. Not so I say, there are no buds on the trees and all of their leaves have fallen off and raked into a pile with the apples which hopefully will produce compost soon. This thou throws me and my totally unthought out theory right thru the window, which is open letting the flies in. Flies in? In middle November? An abhorrence of nature I tell you.
Most of you probably will be clueless to this, but I have watched with considerable interest the SLC Weather Station and found you are in the midst of an inversion. Unless you live in Park City where the skies are clear and you can see not only your breath but the stars. I remember inversions. They make fog freeze on everything and people irritable. They live in cities by lakes and choke anyone with any kind of breathing or respitory problems by plugging the lungs and it's fine membranes with all the contaminates spewed out by the factories, mining refineries and automobiles that should have been put out of service a couple of decades ago but with a 40.00 payoff at the Texeco on 7200 So. State were left to sputter generous amounts of smoke, carbon, lead, sulphur and hydracarbons at a rate only exceeded by our local Old Engine Number 93 that runs totally on coal and doesn't have to pass any tests in fact the more smoke that comes out of the stack the more the passengers like it but I see once again I am straying away from my letter to an uninformed world about the Summer to Winter to Summer Dance that is happening right before my eyes. Oh where are the snows of yesteryear? My snowshoes have been sent in for repairs and realignment for my Christmas present from the other half who could have more appropriately spent the money on something I could actually use here like two gross of dust masks for the upcoming winds that will surly blow from North to South once the alkaline soil turns hard and to microscopic dust sharp enough to sandblast a windshield in minutes flat.
Now there must have been a reason my fingers started walking across the keyboard. What could it have been? And even more frightening, where is the rest of that 64 ounce Dark Chocolate Hershey Bar and my Latte anyway?

MFMF

3 comments:

tristanjh said...

If you figure the latter part out then perhaps you can also find Corb's missing 2 lb. bag of M&Ms.

Penny said...

Bet your thinking it's winter now! I must say, the skies are much more clear up here in PC!!

lindsey said...

I actually like winter in December and January... come February and March, I've had enough of it.

Oh and, Inversions suck.