It's All Too Good Man!


Saturday, November 8, 2008

From an Interview With Paulo Choelho

I do believe in Life After Death but I don't don't think it's that important. What is important is to understand that we are living this life after death now.
SO WE HAVE TO GET RID OF THE NOTION OF TIME?
We have to try to get rid of the notion of time. And when you have an intense contact of love with nature or another human being, like a spark then you under
stand that there is no time and everything is eternal
IT SOUNDS LIKE THIS IDEA PROBABLY HELPED YOU OVERCOME YOUR FEAR OF NOT EXISTING, WHICH YOU DESCRIBE IN THE INTRODUCTION OF THE "ALCHEMIST"
Yes of course there was this fear of death. And one day when I made a pilgrimage Santiago de Compostella I had to go thru an excerise and had to face my own death.
Since then, I realize that death is not the end of life, but it is also my best friend. She is always sitting at my side even when I am talking to you, looking to the mountains here with snow.
YOUR DEATH IS ALWAYS SITTING AT YOUR SIDE?
By my side sitting in the chair in front of me. I see death as a beautiful woman.
WHAT IS SHE SAYING?
She is saying, "I am going to kiss you." But she says, "Ok, not now--but pay attention and get the best of every moment because I am going to take you." And I say "OK, thank you for giving me the most important advice in my life--to live your moment fully.

3 comments:

Corbie said...

All we are guaranteed of is this moment. Carpe diem! And I like the idea of death as a lady-friend. It suits me better than a weird dude in robes holding a sharp farm tool.

Mudflap said...

"Amen" my friend.
MF

Mudflap said...

Corbie, sometimes you amaze me. Is there anything you haven't read or listened to. It is pretty much the same with Penny.
Are you really OPHELIA in yet another recarnate?
OK, talk about syncronicities, I started typing a comment and I didn't know how to spell Ophelia so I went to my songs and what started playing. You guessed it. This is the best remdition of Ophelia that I have heard. There is one other by Natalie Merchant also with a lot Spanish talk at the end this the equal. Anyway, yes, again the Universe works in Mysterious Ways.
Mudflap McAstounded