It's All Too Good Man!


Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Seven Foot Dog Run Jump or Bust

News alert. When we got Lizzy, that wasn't her name when we got her it was something
lame like Precious or some such thing, she had been owned by a girl in an apartment or small house that had never walked her, let alone let her run. I think I told you the tale.
She also was spayed, dewormed, claws neatly trimmed and taken to the Pet Hair Shop on a regular basis for a bath. Well, looking at Liz last night I detected her back bone seemed to be sticking out. Kinda weird I thought as they are still on a better diet than us. Then looking at her bottom it seemed huge. I called Susie in and said, don't you think Lizzy has gotten huge of the abdomen? Why yes, she has and look how big her tits are. This one gives milk. Impossible I think cause she is spayed. But I did have her down the vets to get an update on the rabies shot and told him then that although he spayed her sometimes she had a discharge and seemed to attract other male dogs. Not to worry he sez, sometimes there is just a little piece of this or that in there that will cause a hormonal change and thus put out love juice. OK. About 2 months ago I came home to see that we now had three dogs. Getting Susie, I told her all excitedly that we now had three dogs, someone must have dropped off there dog and put it in our run. Nice dog, beautiful tan tall boxer mix.
Well I go in the run and he is nice and all but seems to want to get out which I let him and follow him up the street to the first house below our old school court. Back home I start thinking, hmmm you have a wood pile here, I wonder if he climbed the pile and made a daring jump into the run which he had. Now, I am quite sure that Lizzy is knocked up tighter than a tin drum. She is eating like Crazy About Harry and can't get enough water. Last night she woke me up to ask me to get her pickles and ice cream.
So, It will be off to the vet this week to find out indeed if Lizzy just got fat all of a sudden or if I am going to have grand kids.
I had asked the vet, well what if she does get pregnant. Are you going to give away the pups for us. He hesitantly said, well we would have to really check the records and see if I did indeed do the spay.pissing backwards I could see. Say, you wouldn't be wanting first pick on a fine litter of what is to be some really good dogs would you?
Love, Light, Oms and Small Puppies
Royboy

4 comments:

tristanjh said...

What kind of dog is Lizzy? My boys would love a dog...just not sure I'm up to it!

Mudflap said...

Lizzy is a Rott/Lab mix medium of size and just beautiful. She is solid black except for the traditional Rott tan coloring in her face and back of legs plus the white stripe that runs down her chest. She is an exceptional dog but I'm thinking to myself what kind of grand parent would give away thier grand kids? Ya right, like I need more dogs but you know I would have to keep one.
Mudflap McWorried.

lindsey said...

You need one of those wireless camera's on the dog run, imagine the video's you could post on your blog. I'm guessing the 'stud' will be back for more Lizzy eventually, you've got time to get it installed if you act now.

Mudflap said...

I am not at all sure the "stud" will be back for Lizzy no matter how good she was. You see, Lizzy looks to me like within a couple of weeks she will be sprouting little puppies. It is funny in a way, Burro, our other dog is completely fixed and he had Lizzy a coulple of times. You know, dogs take thier time, he was hooked up for at least an hour.
I have a good camera just don't have the savvy on how to transfer pictures from it to the big screen. I am working on that one.
Mudflap McPup